90 Day Sales, Marketing & Distribution (SMD) Apprenticeship
Are you looking for an opportunity to get hands-on working experience at a new and growing ranch-to-table meats business? Are you hungry for a chance to build your skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects pertaining to the Sales, Marketing and Distribution of pastured pork and poultry as well as grass-finished beef and lamb?
A 90-day hands-on working experience at Corner Post Meats will show you firsthand, what it takes to bring a product from the ranch to Colorado restaurants and families nationwide. This program is designed to help us find hard working, entrepreneurial, people who are looking to build a career in agricultural business-people that are self-motivated, have an inquisitive drive to learn and grow as a person, and enjoy working hard alongside a dedicated team. As opportunities open up in our company we choose people from this program to fill long-term needs.
What You’ll Learn:
The 90-day intro program is for up to two individuals. You will be exposed to:
§ Order fulfillment
§ Inventory management systems
§ Shipping orders
§ Wholesale deliveries
§ Relationship management with wholesale customers
§ Direct customer relationship building and management
§ Farmer’s markets
§ Customer service
§ Marketing and social media
§ Occasionally help the Production team with moving and/or tending to animals
There will be bi-weekly development meetings with progressing tasks and responsibility.
Are You A Fit?
The right applicant for this experience needs to be:
To their work and purpose.
What is going on around them and needs done.
Where they are and what they are doing.
Do your best.
Only consider this opportunity if you can agree to the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass a basic background check
- Capable of lifting large, heavy/bulky items up to 75 pounds
- Able to work in extreme cold for short duration (the meat freezer is kept at -10 degrees)
- It is well understood that this job entails a fair amount of manual labor
- Perform basic math functions (ex. Counting, addition, subtraction)
- Social drinking is allowed, but excessive drug use of any kind is not tolerated and will be grounds for immediate dismissal
What You Can Expect:
Life at Corner Post Meats is like jumping onto a fast-moving train. The work can be very demanding, but rewarding with a variety of responsibilities and tasks. We are a small but dedicated crew who accomplish amazing things. Be prepared to work in a start-up culture that requires you to wear many different hats and share responsibilities. You should be ready to:
- Work within a small team, as well as solo, to achieve daily and weekly tasks.
- Coordinate with others on daily responsibilities and the overall crew schedule, including rotation of days off.
- Report progress and needs to on-site business owners on a weekly basis.
- Interact regularly with customers through order deliveries, farm tours, on-ranch order pick-up, farmers markets, and farm-to-table dinners.
- One day off per week, additional half day off when responsibilities and scheduling allow.
- 8-9 hour work day occasionally 11 hour days.
Stipend: $400 each month
Housing – On-ranch, furnished, newer cabin. Shared with one other apprentice.
Meat – The Apprentice Cabin freezer will be filled with a meat share each month, to be shared by the roommates. You receive a 10% crew discount on all additional meat ordered online.
If you read through this and are excited for the opportunity, please follow the instructions for application below:
- Compile your resume and answers to the application questions below.
- Send your resume and answers as a pdf to email@example.com with your name and job title as the subject.
- Applicants who are candidates for the next round, will be asked to visit the ranch at their own expense for a two-day working interview in order to see if the program is a good fit for both yourself and CPM.
Please email your answers to these questions
- Life hardly ever goes as we plan... However, if you traveled ahead in time 5 years where do you think you would find yourself and why?
- Tell us about an interest that you are committed to being great at.
- What didn't you get to include on your resume?
- How would you prioritize the following and why? Company. Self. Team.
- What do you think is true that no one else seems to agree with?
- What does "grit" mean to you and when have you shown "true grit"?
- What would make working at Corner Post Meats become the job you've always wanted?
Thank you for the interest in joining our team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Owner, Corner Post Meats
Thanks for your interest. I can’t wait to learn more about you.
***We appreciate your enthusiasm. However, please do not stop by the ranch or call to inquire about the positions. We will assess all applications and respond via email. Thanks!***