Join the CPM Crew!
Junior Wholesale Relationship Steward
Corner Post Meats is a ranch and meats business based outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado. We raise, market and distribute, grass-finished beef and lamb and pasture raised pork and chicken. Our meats are sold to restaurants in Colorado and shipped nationwide to the home consumer.
In Colorado’s rapidly growing food scene, customers demand the best. Corner Post Meats is looking to train a Junior Wholesale Relationship Steward to spot and understand the needs of chefs and restauranteurs interested in exceptional meats. The right candidate for the job needs to excel at bringing solutions to the table to help restaurants serve some of the best meats in Colorado to their customers. This position is one-part learning to hunt for new chefs to introduce to CPM’s product and the other part is cultivating those relationships into consistent sales. This position will coordinate with a Denver based meats distributor which will handle delivery of beef. CPM delivers pork, chicken and lamb to customers.
1. Must have an interest in meat, local food, and all that goes into bringing meat from the ranch to the table.
2. Enthusiastic about building and growing relationships with chefs throughout Colorado’s Front Range.
3. Self-motivated and organized.
4. Prior experience in the culinary field or ranching/farming is helpful but not required.
5. Candidates should live on the Front Range of Colorado for ease of access to restaurant customers.
6. CPM will train the right person for the job with or without prior sales experience.
Pay: A base salary plus a commission on wholesale revenue each month.
Work Schedule: Most of the sales responsibilities can be done five days a week allowing for a somewhat flexible schedule. The first week on the job is spent at the ranch for training. After that most of your time will be spent on the road meeting with chefs primarily in the Denver area. Periodically business needs must be addressed outside of the normal work window, such as correcting a delivery error or needed communication with a chef in a timely manner on a non-work day.
What You Can Expect:
Life at Corner Post Meats is like jumping onto a fast-moving train. The work can be very demanding, but rewarding with a variety of responsibilities and tasks. We are a small but dedicated crew who accomplish amazing things. Be prepared to work in a business that requires you to wear many different hats and share responsibilities. You should be ready to:
- Work within a small team, as well as solo, to achieve daily and weekly tasks.
- Coordinate with others on daily responsibilities and the overall crew schedule, including days off and representation at events.
- Report progress and needs to on-site business owners on a weekly basis.
- Interact regularly with customers through order deliveries, farm tours, culinary events, and farm-to-table dinners.
- There are some physical demands to this job. In a typical day duties include the majority of time spent networking with chefs, however periodic lifting of meat boxes and meat carcasses is required.
Are You A Fit?
The right applicant for this experience needs to be:
Dedicated to their work and purpose.
Aware of what is going on around them and needs done.
Focused on where they are and what they are doing.
Thoroughly complete the task.
Only consider this opportunity if you can agree to the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to pass a basic background check
- Capable of lifting large, heavy/bulky items up to 75 pounds
- Able to work in extreme cold for short duration (the meat freezer is kept at -10 degrees)
- It is well understood that this job entails a fair amount of manual labor
- Perform basic math functions and use excel spreadsheets.
- Excessive drug use of any kind affecting work is not tolerated and will be grounds for immediate dismissal
How to Apply
If you read through this and are excited for the opportunity, please follow the instructions for application below:
- Compile your resume and answers to the application questions below.
- Send your resume and answers as a pdf to email@example.com with your name and job title as the subject.
- Applicants who are candidates for the next round, will be asked to visit the ranch for a working interview (at their own expense) to see if this a good fit for both yourself and CPM.
Please email your answers to these questions
- Life hardly ever goes as we plan... However, if you traveled ahead in time 5 years where do you think you would find yourself and why?
- Tell us about an interest that you are committed to being great at.
- What didn't you get to include on your resume?
- How would you prioritize the following and why? Company. Self. Team.
- What do you think is true that no one else seems to agree with?
- What does "grit" mean to you and when have you shown "true grit"?
- What would make working at Corner Post Meats become the job you've always wanted?
Thank you for the interest in joining our team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Dan Lorenz / Co-Owner/ Corner Post Meats
Thanks for your interest.
***We appreciate your enthusiasm. However, please do not stop by the ranch or call to inquire about the positions. We will assess all applications and respond via email to start. Thanks!***